Friday, January 1, 2010

Fetus Friday - Week 27 & Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! I'll probably post some resolutions and more about welcoming 2010 tomorrow.

Baby Center has this to say about Lumpy:

This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds . . .She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on.

I don't think I've felt Lumpy's hiccups yet, but it sounds very cute. There have been a couple of times that I've thought I felt my heartbeat in my stomach, but maybe those were Lumpy hiccups.

Baby Center has this to say about me:

The second trimester is drawing to a close, but as your body gears up for the final lap, you may start noticing some new symptoms. Along with an aching back, for example, you may find that your leg muscles cramp up now and then.

Yup, getting leg cramps - have had leg cramps for quite a while now. From what Baby Center says, they'll probably get worse before they get better.

In other "me" news, I finally broke down and bought a pair of pregnancy jeans.

We went out to dinner with our friends Liz & Jonathan last night and since it was New Year's Eve, I thought I should probably ditch the gray stretchy pants and wear something a little nicer.

So, I went to Macy's - they had two brands of maternity jeans, one brand was $159 and the other was $20. Seeing as I don't wear non-maternity jeans that cost $159, I was really hoping that the $20 pair would fit OK. I tried on both pairs - just in case the $159 pair turned me into Angelina Jolie (or to gold). Both pairs were VERY comfortable. Maternity clothes (at least at Macy's) only come in S, M, L & XL - so EVERYTHING stretches (there are no zippers or buttons.) These are my kind of clothes - I picked the $20 pair.

Here I am, in my very first maternity outfit (Nana bought the top for me a couple months ago, and it's very comfy too)


Notice Scratch's butt. I would have cropped it out, but I think it adds a little something to the picture - doncha think?

1 comment:

  1. You look so beautiful. I think that your skin is starting to "glow". But maybe that is just radiation from your old office, how am I supposed to know? I am not a scientist for gods sake.

    I had a blast at dinner last night and thought that you looked really amazing. YOu are the cutest pregnant woman I have ever seen.

    Happy New Year my awesome friend.

    ReplyDelete