Thursday, September 16, 2010

Songs I Sing

Yesterday during our mamas' get together Candy (Henry's mom) started singing Lady Gaga to Henry to make him laugh. She's positive that Henry will be mortified when he's sixteen to learn that his mom sang Lady Gaga to him.

This got me thinking, there are quite a few songs that I sing to little cub throughout the day. I'm not sure if Cash will care when he's older, but I'm sure some of these songs will make Buttin roll his eyes.

On the way to school in the morning, I sing Say Hey (I love you). There's a lotta "Hey Mama" and "I love yous" in the song.



I also sing (because it's on the radio so much and after I admit this, Buttin will want to do a musical intervention for Cash) Still Haven't Met You Yet.



On the way home from school, I sing Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You. Except where the song goes "I love you baby and it's if quite alright I need you baby . . .", I substitute "Graby" for "Baby".

At night, when I give cub a bath I sing a creation of my own called "Baby Snowman Song". It's done to the tune of a Mozart composition (which is also a the tune for the "you are my bestfriend" song from Little Einsteins)



While I'm feeding cub at night, I sing Baby Mine (the Dumbo version, of course)



Then, as I've mentioned before, to calm the cub down when he's going to sleep we sing You Are My Sunshine.

It's probably not the music Buttin would like for me to sing to his (tribute to Johnny Cash) son (we also listen to a ton of Johnny Cash and The Beatles on Pandora during our day - I just don't really sing those songs to him), but it's a good variety (cub and I also listen to Peter & The Wolf, The Nutcracker and music from Harry Potter).

Since we didn't go swimming yesterday, we did lots of swimming today and I took lots of pictures (I'm allowing myself to do so every other day and today was an "other" day). I like to call this picture, I have one toy, but I want this other one too.

It's quite entertaining to watch him try to grab toys in the water because as soon as he makes a move towards a toy - it floats away.

No comments:

Post a Comment