Sunday, August 30, 2009

This One Says Yes Too!

** Originally written on 7/27/09 @ 9:05 AM***

This morning I woke up not feeling lazy and tired. I'm supposed to sta
rt my period tomorrow so I made a deal with myself. If I took a preggers test and if it was positive, I could go back to sleep. Seems fair, right? "I can't run, I'm pregnant."

I took the cheapo test that I had under my cabinet and I got two line
s (translation: pregnant). One line was very defined and the other was faint, but the directions clearly said that any second line means pregnant.

Well, this got me excited - so I didn't want to go back to sleep. I can't say that I really wanted to run, but poor Buttin was passed out on the bed (it was only 5:15 AM & I didn't want to wake him yet). I went for a 7 mile run the whole time thinking not to get too excited. I've read that half of all first pregnancies end in miscarriage and that a positive result doesn't mean 100% pregnant - it could just be a chemical pregnancy.

When I got home from my sweaty run, I woke Buttin up and asked him to go to Walgreens and get a brand name test (the first one I took was a generic flimsy thing, the equivalent of a q-tip). As I had just spent the last hour and a half sweating out any liquid in my body, I had to wait a while (and drink possibly my last coffee with Splenda for a while) to take the test. This one was cool - it actually says "Pregnant" or "Not Pregnant". I figured there be no room for "pale line" interpretation. After about two minutes, I got the "Pregnant". I couldn't stop smiling.

I texted Buttin and told him we coudln't tell anyone until I went to the doctor to confirm it.
Tomorrow I'm going to my regular doctor to get a blood test. I have no idea how long the results take; however, if I do or don't get my period tomorrow - I guess that's a sign. If this little Lumpy sticks - I'm around 3 weeks pregnant and according to Baby Center the due date is April 6, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment