Friday, October 28, 2011

Filanthropy Friday

**CAUTION - CONTAINS  INFORMATION OF THE LADY SORT**

(I know Liz will make fun of me for this one)

I was SO excited to run this morning.  It's cool - like 50. 

I woke up and went to the bathroom.  OH MY GOD - I'm bleeding.  Yup, after not having a period since JUNE of 2009 (that's over two years ago - I'm good at math), it started again this morning. 

Unfortunately, I had nothing in the house to (how do I say it nicely?) catch the flow (except for the butt-sized pads I used after Cub was born) so that kind of put the kibosh on the cool morning run.  Rest assured, I went immediately to the store this morning and am now prepared for a nice, cool run tomorrow morning.  

So what does this have to do with Filanthropy Friday?  Well not a lot but it got me thinking.

In honor of my period returning, I decided to donate to The Center For Reproductive Rights.  I know the previous couple of paragraphs are silly (or disgusting or both), but CFRR is dealing with very serious issues affecting women's health and reproductive freedom - they are the only "global legal advocacy organization dedicated to advancing women's reproductive health, self-determination, and dignity as basic human rights." 

I donated $25 and I hope they use my money to take someone (a state or agency doing something bad) to court or to buy tampons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment