Thursday, July 19, 2012

So, How's The Bike?

The running content of my blog has been somewhat (or completely) scarce the past few months.  However, my tingly feet posts have more than made up for the excitement and intrigue (really?).

For the past month, I have been riding my stationary bike four times a week (just like I used to run); however, I find it so much easier to cheat (or go easy) on the bike.

I've never been one of those runners where running was easy - some days it felt better than others - but running has never felt like walking.  I never got to the point with running like I did with swimming. 

I can't really cheat at running (I'm either running and it's work or I'm walking), but cheating is easy on a stationary bike.  I know from my time in Toronto, that riding a real bike -ya know-  to actually get somewhere is WORK.  But riding my stationary bike, in an air-conditioned office while watching a movie is not very difficult and I'm not making it very challenging.

What to do?

Well, on Saturday I'm going to try a little run.  My feet are still very tingly, but I haven't had any flare ups in almost two weeks.  I'm OK if I can only jog a couple of blocks (and then have to walk or go home and lazy bike) - I'm just so ready to exercise outside again - even if it is for just a little while. 

Here's Cubbie exercising outside today with his firetruck. 



1 comment:

  1. We have an extra bike if you want to see how riding your trail outside feels!

    ReplyDelete