Friday, July 13, 2012

Filanthropy Friday

Last night the misfits went to a bowling tournament for the Austin Apartment Association.

I didn't bowl, but I supported our team and was also there as a representative of the Community Outreach Committee to collect school supplies.  This is me, modeling school supplies.


 The theme of the night was "Urban Cowboy" and our team (we won, "most spirited") went as "The Good, The Bad and The Three Uglies" (even though we had seven people, I guess we're not very good at math).  I was the "good" (for obvious reasons).  

This week, I'm donating $15 to the Manos de Cristo back to school program for the children in East Austin.  Through this program, over 2,000 Austin children living in poverty are given one backpack, a set of school supplies, books, and two new sets of clothes.  

I remember back to school shopping was so much fun and I hope my $15 is used to purchase lots of crayons or a Trapper Keeper. 

1 comment:

  1. A) I love you. I do. Your photo made me smile this afternoon, which is just what I needed.
    B) Manos de Cristo is one of my favorite Austin organizations. I have a friend who used to work for them.

    ReplyDelete