Saturday, July 25, 2009

Christmas In July

Christmas is only 5 months away!!

To say that I'm a Christmas freak might be an understatement. It's actually a fantastic time to indulge in one of my favorite hobbies - cookie dough eating, but I love pretty much everything about Christmas.

I really do hope that everyone has started to buy me presents.

While running today, in the million degree heat - it was difficult for me to even begin to think about Christmas, but I did. Mostly, I was thinking that by Christmastime I will have (safely) completed my first marathon. Hopefully, it won't take me from November 15th to December 25th to finish the marathon, but at my current training pace - it just might.

I did a little over 10 miles this morning at a pace that probably qualifies as slow walking - even though I was trying to run/jog. I think all the sweat is slowing me down - although a very fast runner passed me and he was like a oscillating sprinkler. He won the most disgusting runner prize today, but I was a close second.

I'm praying that come September & October I'll be able to get back to my 10 min/mile pace (still not that fast for most people), and also run longer distances without having to sweat like Santa in the desert.

2 comments:

  1. Will it lift your spirits to know that Hobby Lobby already has their Christmas stuff out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes you feel any better, I can barely DRIVE 10 miles (while smoking a Camel Light) in this 100 degree weather! So you're doing MUCH better than me!!!

    ReplyDelete