Thursday, March 7, 2013

My New Obsession

My new obsession is Amazon - Subscribe and Save.

Amazon offers this nifty service where you can purchase stuff (like household things - paper towels, toilet paper, splenda, etc.) in bulk and get it shipped to your house (no shipping charges) on a schedule (like once every two months).  The best thing is that if you subscribe to five things and they are all delivered in the same month - you get an additional 15% off everything in your order.  I know, I know - I should be their spokesperson (or better yet, spokesmodel). 

Our misfits go through paper towels like they are constantly cleaning stuff or washing their hands (most of them are boys, so I know they're not), but seriously - I have no idea where all the paper towels go - so I've set up a subscription for paper towels - and now I never have to worry about buying them at the grocery store (they take up so much room in the cart).  

Also - who never has to lug around a 28lbs box of cat litter?  THIS GIRL!  I have no idea how it's profitable for Amazon to ship me 28lbs of cat litter - but I'm happy about it! 

I tried describing the joy of my new found obsession to Buttin (I mean, who knew I could get so excited about a huge box of paper towels on my door step?) and he just looked at me strangely.  He said hearing me describe "getting a good deal" was like listening to a junkie talk about their next fix. I'm not sure how he knows this, but I'll take his word for it. 

Here is Mac today - trying to suck his thumb. 


1 comment: