Friday, January 4, 2013

Filanthropy Friday

A little over a month ago a dear blogging friend of mine, Becca, wrote asking me if I was registered somewhere for Chicken.

I told her that between Cash hand-me-downs and Grandmothers, Chicken would be set until about college.  Instead, I told her a nice gift would be a donation made in honor of the new baby to a charity of her choice.  Last week, she made a $25 donation to Smile Train in honor of Mac so this week I'm matching her donation.

Smile Train is the world's largest cleft palate charity and provides over 120,000 free surgeries a year.  I love Cash's smile (and I know I'll love Mac's too - once he smiles for real and not just because he's farting) and every child should have the chance to smile. 

Thanks Becca - I can't wait to put your note in Mac's baby book!




1 comment:

  1. Awww! Yay. That warms my heart. I want to do this for every new baby now.

    ReplyDelete