Thursday, October 18, 2012

Boy or Girl?

I was about 98.9% positive that Lumpy was a girl - I was 100% wrong.

With Chicken, I'm about 88% sure that chicken is a chick (meaning, girl).

Here is my evidence:
  • Tingly feet - I did not have tingly feet with Cash so that must mean that Chicken is not a boy (like Cash).
  • No break outs - My face was worse than my teenage years when I was pregnant with Cash and this time - maybe one zit.  I'm quite sure it's because Chicken is a girl and not because of this new skin medicine I've been taking.
  • Cash -  He thinks Chicken is a girl and he probably has some kind of sibling intuition.
  • My intuition - I think Chicken is a girl and even though my intuition was wrong with my first pregnancy, I feel like I've got a 50/50 shot this time.
  • Shannon - my friend Shannon (who is a pediatrician, by the way) thinks that Chicken is a girl and doctors are almost always right (except for when she also thought Cash was a girl).
Alright, so my evidence is not that strong.   However, unlike last time, I can honestly say I have absolutely no preference (my preference last time was girl although I wouldn't trade my little sugar man for all the cookie dough in Pennsylvania) this time.  It would be fun for Cub to have a little brother (they could be like Ralphie and Randy in A Christmas Story), but it would also sweet for him to have little sister to protect (and for me to dress up).

Here is the big brother now, doing his new favorite thing in the bathtub - "floating" on his back.



1 comment:

  1. Well I think you are missing one obvious other choice: you could give birth to a Hobbit. Its a little known fact that Hobbits actually descended from regular sized humans but evolved as a smaller, hardier, and hairier-footed race of people. I think it would be great if you had a hobbit child because you could save a fortune on shoes because everyone knows that Hobbits don't need shoes.

    Another option (less likely) is that you could give birth to an elf. I think this is highly unlikely because the elves (Woodland Realm) are their own species however some of them have had children with humans. I have not seen any evidence that either you or Matt have Elvish powers but I guess its possible you have some elf blood in you and could give birth to a beautiful elf.

    If its a girl please name it Elizabeth.

    If its a boy I think you should name it Ronald Reagan Naylor.

    That is all for today.

    Love

    Your helpful friend,

    Liz

    ReplyDelete