Friday, October 26, 2012

Filanthropy Friday


The past few weeks I've been working with my fellow members of the Austin Apartment Association to raise money for the Doc & Gayle Young Food Drive.  

Our goal this year is $40K, and even though Thanksgiving might feel like a LONG time from now (it's not), we are in our final fundraising push.

This week, I'm donating $40.  My $40 donation will buy one food pack for an Austin family.

10-12 lbs turkey
5 lbs potatoes
1 doz dinner rolls
1 box stuffing
1 can yams
1 can corn
1 can green beans
1 box cookies
1 lb margarine
5 lbs flour
4 lbs sugar
1 can fruit cocktail
1 box Jell-o
4 lbs dry beans
4 lbs oranges
2 lbs rice

Too bad the food pack doesn't supply cookie dough - I'm going to push for that next year.

1 comment:

  1. I will contribute to the food drive in your honor too!

    ReplyDelete