Friday, January 18, 2013

Filanthropy Friday

I might have mentioned that I'm up at all hours of the night (newborn baby and all) so I watch strange television.

There are two charities that I see frequently :
  • ASPCA - this one is horrible and I immediately change the channel and I would give my entire net worth (which granted, isn't much) if they would just please, please stop playing these commercials; and 
  • Wounded Warrior Project - these commercials are very inspiration and uplifting.
This week, I decided to give $25 to the Wounded Warrior Project.  I don't think we treat our veterans very well.  It's a shame there's even a need to have to be veterans charities - we should pay our soldiers like kings and queens and all their needs should be prioritized above most other government spending.  I also think we should stop engaging in non-essential foreign conflict so that we don't have veterans with traumatic physical and emotional injuries, but that's an entirely different post  

No comments:

Post a Comment