Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Vacation Running

I was really looking forward to running in Chicago and the temperatures did not disappoint (highs in the lower 80s).

I had two good runs on vacation - a 12 mile (not as long as I would have liked, but still a good run) on Saturday and a 6 mile recovery run on Sunday.  I wasn't planning on running on Sunday, but I just woke up - wide awake at 6:45 and thought I would use the time before everyone else got up and moving to go for a little run.

Running on the lake front was beautiful.  There were lots of other runners, water fountains (even some spots with ice water and Gatorade) and toilets.  I can't wait to run when we get some cooler temperatures here in Texas.

This morning we did the exact same run as a couple of weeks ago.   It was very tiring. 

Here is Graby this afternoon holding his poo stick.  He likes to whack the poop around the backyard with his stick.  It's like a very white trash version of hockey.  


No comments:

Post a Comment