Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Strange Day

Today has just been odd and not in a very good way.  It's one of those days where all I can do is focus on my happy, healthy child.

Here (in no particular order) are some of the odd things that happened today:
  • Misfit shenanigans - not the fun kind (like when they dress up like bunnies and bowl).  I hate it when misfits do things that lead to uncomfortable discussions. Nonetheless, Buttin and I will have an uncomfortable discussion with a misfit tomorrow.
  • We have a competitor talking badly about us - telling lies.  Buttin is going to take a shower, put on some clean (semi-nice) clothes in the morning and go kick some ass.  Well, talk to our customer anyway.  
  • One of the houses we really like has just gone down in price by another 8K.  It's the strangest thing, but I feel badly for these people.  My dad used to tell me that I didn't have the killer instinct (back when I swam competitively) and I'm starting to realize he was right.  I'm sure I have that instinct when it comes to protecting people who are close to me or our business, but I'm guessing I won't be adding "Real Estate Mogul" to my resume (maybe "cookie dough mogul").
  • Speaking of not having the killer instinct (this is a bad transition), I hit a bicyclist last week (or rather, he hit me) while driving (slow moving accident, very near my house).  His bike was slightly damaged so I drove the man home (please Liz, don't tell me he could have been purposefully running into cars because he's a serial killer and you've seen something exactly like this on Criminal Minds) and we exchanged phone numbers.  I called my insurance company that night and gave them all the info - just in case.  Can you guess what has happened?  He's now claiming injuries and filing a claim. I talked to my insurance adjuster today and she said there is no way that I am at fault; however, we have to get everything together. 
  • Molly doesn't seem to be doing very well.  I took her to the vet last week because she was having some obvious issues with her back right leg.  She's been on medication (for a ruptured ligament, a urinary track infection and auto-immune hemolytic anemia - which she had earlier this year), but today she was so bad that Buttin had to carry her into the house.  I tried to get her hind legs underneath her (by picking up her butt), but she'd shake and then fall right back to the ground.  I'm hoping this is just a not so great day for her, but that she'll be getting better soon.  I can't think of things any other way right now, not today. 
In some relatively OK news, I had a decent run with my group today.  We did the same workout as a few weeks ago and I felt good.

Cub and I kept Molly company outside this afternoon (because I couldn't help her in the house) and he only tried to pull her ear a couple of times.


No comments:

Post a Comment