Friday, December 16, 2011

Filanthropy Friday

A couple months ago we got a call from the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Central and South Texas asking if we could help make a child's (his name is Isaac) wish come true by providing new carpet for a Thomas The Train themed bedroom makeover.  

I asked Buttin (already knowing what his answer would be) and we agreed to provide the carpet, pad and installation at no cost.  We are installing the carpet and pad tomorrow.  

The Make-A-Wish Foundation folks sent me a picture of Isaac visiting Thomas The Train.  

I shared Isaac's picture and story with Buttin and it kind of devastated him.  Buttin had to close his office door because he would get emotional thinking about Isaac and his family.  

I've said it at least a bazillion times this year, but I'll say it again - Buttin and I are so thankful for the health and happiness of Cub.  I cannot imagine being the parent of a sick child - having to be so strong (especially in front of your child) and knowing that the only thing you can provide is love and kisses when all you want is for your child to be health is just too much. 

In addition to providing the new carpet for Isaac's room this week; I'm also donating $20 to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.  Also, this week we sent out customer satisfactions surveys.  As a thank you for completing the survey, we've offered various treats, but if the customer selects "none" we've told them we will be donating $10 in their name to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.  So far, we've had two customers select this option.  I'm hoping we can make a nice donation at the end of the year to Make-A-Wish on behalf of our customers.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome. I have nothing funny, snarky or sarcastic to say about your generosity. Way to go!

    LIz

    ReplyDelete