Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Nuts & Bubblegum Toothpaste

First things first - HAPPY 20-MONTH BIRTHDAY CASH!  It's been a great month my little sugar man. I promise to write a better letter next month. 

I think when Cub turns two, I have to stop counting by months.  

OK onto the promised topics.

Nuts.

Buttin and I love our tree-house-ish home.  And Cub LOVES playing with all the acorns on the deck.  I never gave it much thought as to how all those nuts made it onto our deck/lawn, but Buttin and I learned last night.  We were settling in for some much needed rest . . . PLOP.  . .  . PLOP . . . acorns (or some kind of nut/seed) falling on our roof.  Thankfully, the sound never actually woke us up, but we heard quite a few before falling to sleep. 

Bubblegum Toothpaste.

My advice to anyone moving (because we're never moving again) is to pack an travel/overnight bag for your first night in your new house.  Buttin and I were unable to locate (or had not yet moved) our regular toothpaste last night (or this morning), so we had to use Cub's bubblegum toothpaste.  Yum.

It was only 37 out this afternoon in Austin, Texas but of course Cub wanted to be outside.  He helped me bring in his puzzle piece mat, well a couple pieces anyways and then he got distracted by an acorn.

2 comments:

  1. What is is about kids and acorns? My kids are totally fascinated by them. And they like to have acorn fights in the front yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to give my kids buckets to collect the acorns. They'd end up with these huge piles. Kept them busy for literally hours. The unfortunate part was how many acorns went through the wash afterward.

    Having seen the amount of acorns at your new place, I'm sure Cash will have a field day!

    ReplyDelete