Friday, December 30, 2011

Filanthropy Friday

It's the last Friday of the year.

I was planning a big "Filanthropy Friday" review for this post, but Cub is a little sick so I wasn't able to work on the post.  I'll try to get it done in the next couple of days.

I was trying to think of one ultra-mega charity for my last Filanthorpy Friday of the year (a tradition I will continue), but the only one that kept coming to mind (probably because of all the commercials) is St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Cub is sick today, but I'm extremely thankful that it's just a little virus.   I wish all children with cancer could just wake up tomorrow feeling better (like Cub probably will).  One day it might be possible.  I donated $25 to St. Jude to help in this possibility




3 comments:

  1. Oh give me a break. Everyone knows those "cancer kid" on the commercial are all paid actors and aren't even sick. I think I saw one of them skateboarding down my street the other day.

    Its only fitting that for your last filanthropy Friday of the year you got scammed again.

    I want to go on record and say that all this giving in 2011 has gotten boring. How do I know that the cute Arctic Fox that I "adopted" through World Wildlife Fund is even still alive? I mean I adopted him but he never showed up at my house. I thought if you adopted something it came to live with you...you know like when people adopt kids.

    And what about that guinea pig rescue in Maine that we gave to? I haven't heard a word from those losers...I don't think that was a real charity at all -- I think we donated money to some 13 year old who wanted to save up enough money to buy a guinea pig so he put up a website to lure in suckers to donate to his "buy a pet rodent" fund.

    Don't even get me started on that guy in Thailand who supposedly makes lights with empty coke bottles. Yeah right. I haven't heard of GE adopting that idea here in the US which leads me to believe that was another made-up scam.

    All these liars make me bitter about my generosity.

    I hearby declare 2012 "The Year of Taking". That's right in 2012 I am going to try to get someone to give me (or LizWorld (tm)) a gift or a large sum of cash every week instead of throwing it away on pitiful scam charities. A year of giving hasn't saved the world so maybe a year of taking will just make my world better.

    I still want to know where my damn Arctic Fox is. I was going to name him Norman and let him live in the house but those cheaters at WWF probably just made him up.

    Happy New Year,

    Your no longer generous and gullible friend,

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are going to have one fun time entering names and addresses while claiming your tax benefits! I'll miss Filanthropy Fridays. Thanks for opening my eyes to so many great causes.

    And why isn't yearofthetaking.com taken yet? Liz, you should definitely snatch it up while you still can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good call Bethany....I should do that. I could have a lot of fun creating that website! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete