Sunday, December 9, 2012

Dear Cash - 2.66 Years

Dear Cash,

OK, I missed the technical date (by 3 days), but I wouldn't miss this month for anything - it's your last month as an only child.

There is a blog I love to read - it's called The Honest Toddler.  It's mostly very funny stuff written from a toddler's perspective, but every once in a while - it's serious.

As your dad and I anticipate the arrival of Chicken (you - are still in fierce denial), I'm reminded of a post called The Woman.  It makes me cry big huge tears every time I read it, but right now as you grow so quickly, I'm focused on the last paragraph.

So today I will cling. The collar of her shirt will remain in my fist, my face pressed against the skin of her chest as I inhale the first scent that wafted into my nose when I was still floating within her. “Don’t leave me,” my spirit whispers to hers as I try to melt back inside and remember the song we used to sing.

Today I want to be one.

Little Cash, I know you are learning to be your own little person - but I just can't help it - right now, I still want to be one with you.

Please continue to be sweet to me and your dad and TRY to be sweet to Chicken.  Please don't grow up too quickly.

Love, 

Mom

Here are a couple pictures of your from today.

You playing in the leaves (photo taken by Miss Hannah).



 You and Scratch were both very interested in the butterflies - I love this picture.




1 comment: