Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Eye Roll

So - if my friend Liz reads this post, I'm sure it will get a big eye roll (actually, I'm guessing most people will have that reaction). 

This morning I saw Dr. Bubbly for perhaps the last time (until Chicken is born).   She said she was on-call the past couple of nights and she SWORE she was going to hear from me (apparently I'm "up next").  I told her I was sorry to disappoint her, but that at least she got to sleep and she got to see me this morning.  

Everything is normal with Chicken.  I told her I was expecting Chicken's arrival sometime in the next few days, but I was in no hurry.  She gave me ONE warning - STAY AWAY FROM THE HOSPITAL TOMORROW - 12/12/12

She said the hospital will be a madhouse because there are dozens of elective c-sections scheduled because some parents want (and this is her term) a "cosmetic birth date" for their child.  Apparently, she was on-call on 11/11/11 and it was crazy.  

To me, a  "cosmetic birth date" is about as stupid as a vanity license plate, baked cookie dough or something even stupider that I can't think of right now.   Oh well - I'm sure the parents who want a cosmetic birth date for their baby probably think some of my birth decisions are pretty stupid too.  

Here is Cash today riding his bike in the leaves.



1 comment: