Friday, September 14, 2012

Filanthropy Friday

The news hasn't been great this week, so I wanted to find something fun and inspirational.

I did!


The Texas Pie Kitchen makes pies (so I ordered one) that are made by low income adults who have a barrier to employment (i.e. disability, homelessness, criminal history, etc.).  The Texas Pie Kitchen provides culinary and baking skills as well as financial literacy training to their adult students. 

I think mixing baked goods with philanthropy is pretty awesome so  I donated $10 to the Texas Pie Kitchen and also purchased a Chocolate Chess Pie (with pecans).  I'll make sure to post an update on pie tasting next week.




1 comment:

  1. I am sure this is a scam. But just to humor you I donated money so we could make sure they have enough money to buy ingredients for your pie. You are welcome.

    ReplyDelete