Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Volunteer Day

At the beginning of the year I established some personal goals, and one of my goals was to continue Filanthropy Friday and also find opportunities to volunteer my time.   I haven't been very good at the latter part of that goal.  However, today I spent the morning sorthing food at the Capital Area Food Bank with some colleagues from the Austin Apartment Association.  

In an "it's a small world moment" one of my baby mama friend's husband was also there volunteering with his company. 

The volunteer experience was great - the CAFB is very well organized and I hardly got any mayonnaise (or other food product) on me.  In a very humbling moment, a group of very disabled young adults arrived to volunteer.  I thought - if they can donate their time - I can certainly find a few more times to do this before Chicken arrives.  

This picture is for Mormor and Gigi (who think that Cub never throws a fit).  On the way home from work/school Cubbie wanted to go to McDonalds, but I told him not today.  This was the reaction I got (it was pretty fake and short-lived):


To make Mormor and Gigi happy, here is a picture of Cash playing outside - much happier - after we made it home. 



1 comment:

  1. Picture #1 is exactly how I feel when there is no chocolate in the house.

    ReplyDelete