Saturday, September 22, 2012

Split Lip Pissed

Yesterday evening I was making dinner at the Ronald McDonald House and Buttin was at Fantastic Fest so Hannah came to stay with Cub and put him to bed.

While Hannah and Cub were out playing, Cub fell down and split open his lip.  Our neighbor's daughter ran into him and he fell on his face.  Now, Cub doesn't need help injuring himself and I would never fault a child for having an accident with my child, but I'm a little pissed off at her parents.

It seems like EVERYTIME we have Hannah over to stay with Cub, our neighbors allow their children (an approximately 8-year-old boy and 3-year-old girl) outside,  unsupervised and seem to expect Hannah to keep an eye on them too. 

When Cub fell down, all three children were down the path, and Hannah was trying to run home with Cash but didn't know what to do about the two other children.  I hate that she felt responsible for those other kiddos. An 8-year-old (if he is that old) is not old enough to supervise a 3-year-old outside without a parent at least sitting on the porch.  It kind of ticks me off. 

Thankfully, Hannah was able to tend to Cub's lip and calm him down enough that by bath time, he was ready to play.  I made her send me pictures - constantly. 

This morning Cub asked about Hannah and said, "I like Hannah, she help with my lip."  If you ask him about his lip, he says, "little girl did it on the sidewalk".  
 
Here is a picture of Cub's lip today.  


 This afternoon, Cub didn't want to go outside so he played a lot with the animals.

Here he is looking at a lizard with Scratch.


Here he is playing snuggle puppy with Riggs. 




1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah, I'd be pissed too. Lack of CFC, big time.
    Cute pics :) Glad his teeth are ok! I am always worried about those little teeth chipping...

    ReplyDelete