Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Dear Cash - 2.58 Years

Dear Cash,

When you were in my tummy - we ran many, many miles together.  While running - we listened to books, podcasts and music.  One band I listened to a lot while running with you was The Avett Brothers (your dad and I even considered Avett as a middle name, until we learned how it was actually pronounced - A-vett, instead of aahh-vett). 

One of my (and your dad's) favorite songs was Head Full of Doubt/Road Full of Promise and your dad and I would sing it in the car at the top of our lungs and think of you.



Today is election day (voting is very, very important and you even get a sticker for it) - so it seems to appropriate to share some lyrics with you from this song.  Your dad and I always talked about how these lyrics were for you (even though we didn't know you yet).

When nothing is owed or deserved or expected
And your life doesn’t change by the man that’s elected
If you’re loved by someone, you’re never rejected
Decide what to be and go be it
 

One of your new favorite things to do is read/look at the pictures in Time magazine when we go to bed.  You are every picture - man or woman, child or adult (if you see an older person you say, "that's me old"), black or white, cartoon or photo.  When I ask you why you are in EVERY picture - you say, "because I'm cute".  I can't argue with that logic.  I find it adorable that you are all the people - even though it's probably just a self-centered toddler thing.

My little sugar man - you really can be anything that you want to be (with a few exceptions, probably) - so decided what to be and go be it.

I'll leave you with you some more song lyrics - also from The Avett Brothers:

Always remember there was nothing worth sharing,
Like the love that let us share our name.

Please continue to be sweet to me and your dad and don't grow up too quickly.

Love, 
Mom

Here you are today playing on your dad's desk.  You love to talk on the phone (especially to aunt Patty in the office next door).




No comments:

Post a Comment