Friday, November 2, 2012

Filanthropy Friday

There are really two big stories in the news this week - Hurricane Sandy and the election.  

I donated $20 to Operation Homefront.  They provide emergency financial relief and other services to military families and veterans.  There were many veterans and military service professionals affected by Hurricane Sandy and I really wanted to help them this week.

In election news, my friend Liz posted a quiz from iSideWith.com about the issues.  You take the quiz and then it tells you which candidate you are most closely aligned with on various issues.  It even allows you to rank issues that are more important to you.  Most voters could probably use a little more voter education before making their decision and even though it's just a short quiz - I thought it was very informative.  I was most closely aligned with the Green Party candidate, Jill Stein - who I had never heard of before taking the quiz - (97%) , followed by President Barack Obama (86%); coming in last place (no big shocker to blog readers) - Mitt Romney (6%).  My friend Liz is a lot more centrist - she had about 50% in common with almost every candidate.  I guess I am the crazy one.

Anyway, I donated $5 to the quiz to help educate other voters because I found it entertaining and informative. 




No comments:

Post a Comment