Friday, November 9, 2012

Filanthropy Friday

I've been meaning to donate to the Pregnancy & Postpartum Health Alliance of Texas for a few weeks, but other things just kept happening.

One of my baby mama friends, Heather, is on the board and they had a wine tasting fundraiser in October.  (A side note:  the winner of the wine tasting got to bring home oodles of wine, which is totally my kind of fundraiser).  I wasn't able to attend the fundraiser, but I wanted to make a contribution.

Not all moms are as lucky as me to have found a group of supportive women to help me with all things postpartum.  Looking back, I'm not so sure what I would have done without all those Wednesday meetings and play/cry/get pooped on/eat gatherings.  Most new moms feel the need to cry and it's much better to cry in a group.  

I'm not sure the PPHAT's goal is to help women find co-crying groups, but they do want to give women help and resources.  The most important thing in being a new mom is knowing that you're not alone. 

2 comments:

  1. You are so awesome. Thank you so much, Steph!!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so awesome. Thank you so much, Steph!!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete