Monday, November 5, 2012

Misfit Monday

Every Monday we have a sales meeting.

Every so often, we actually talk about sales.  

Most sales meetings quickly derail into very odd conversations.

Last week, one misfit came up with a holiday photo card idea.  Conversation quickly moved to awkward family photos and we spent the rest of the meeting trying to find the perfect company photo card idea. 

I put one misfit in charge of the photo.  If it all comes together - it should be pretty funny - at least to us. 

This afternoon when Cub and I got home, he took the house key (I help him unlock the door) and threw it off the top of the front porch and onto the yard.  The key was by itself  (so very difficult to find) and I was still unloading the car when he threw it, so I had no idea where it landed.

When I ask Cub where he threw the key - his response was:  "It Be Somewhere".  

This is the look on his face as we're searching.  



Eventually, Cub got a great idea on how to help me find the key.  It's a key-finding-stick.


The stick did not help me find the key (and Buttin was picking up someone from the airport, so he was about 1.5 hours from home) and we had been searching for about 20 minutes. 

Then, I thought of a brilliant scientific experiment.  I made Cub stand in the exact place where he threw the key and told him to throw acorns.  I stood below to see where the acorn hit the ground.  On the fourth try, the acorn hit the key.  This might have been luck, but I prefer to think of it as science. 




2 comments:

  1. haha! Good thinking! I am impressed. This kid sounds like he needs his own corn hole game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thinking! Very scientific. :-)

    ReplyDelete