Friday, November 25, 2011

Filanthropy Friday

Happy Thanksgiving!

We are so fortunate and I'm reminded daily of how lucky I am to have such a healthy family and wonderful friends. 

OK, enough of the sappy.

Yesterday, Liz decided to start a new Thanksgiving tradition - go around the table and say something for which we were un-thankful. 

Liz's #1 unthankfully thing was that there are no more flaming hot Fritos at HEB (it's a pretty tough life).  I am really unthankful that Keebler stopped making Magic Middle cookies.  So, I did some extensive (google) interweb research and found that Nabisco (whose parent company is Kraft) is Keebler's #1 cookie competitor.  Kraft's largest philanthropic endeavor is The Kraft Family Blood Lab at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute so I donated $15 to them.  

Nanny-nanny, boo-boo Keebler - my $15 Filanthropy Friday money could have been yours!

I'm pretty sure this is the true meaning of Thanksgiving.   

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant!! That is exactly the kind of philanthropic thinking that I like to see. I will match your donation. No, wait, I will make a $20 donation because I am 25% more generous than you.

    I should also add that I am ungrateful for all the people who arrived at Shanghai for dim sum before me today because I had to wait about 15 minutes to eat. Didn't they know that I had priority??!!!

    Signed,

    Liz
    (too lazy to sign into gmail to comment in my own name, sorry)

    ReplyDelete