Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Five Minutes

It's been a while since I've really gushed about being Cub's mom.

Recently, our nighttime routine has changed - a small five minute change. 

Every night Cub takes a bath and then we read books and eat Goldfish (very nutritious vanilla cupcake Goldfish) and drink milk.

The small change is five minutes of snuggle time after we read books.  

I love this quiet time with Cubbie.  It's not always perfect, like last night he fell asleep on my chest (probably because he didn't have a nap) and then cried when I put him to bed  and tonight my hair was soaked with drool and snot, but I wouldn't trade this time for anything.  It's really the only five minutes of the day when he is still and I am still and we are just close.  It reminds me of all the hours and hours we spent being still together when he was just a little baby Cub.

Here's Cub today giving me his serious look.  


No comments:

Post a Comment