Monday, January 2, 2012

Misfit Monday

It's New Year's Resolutions time for the misfits.

In all seriousness, we have been setting some aggressive goals for our small business.  I'll share some in the near future.

Yesterday I wrote down some of my goals for 2012, so I thought today I would share some of the misfits' goals. 
  1. Wear pants (or shorts) with complete pant (or shorts) legs.
  2. Be kind to (or at least don't hit with a hard object) other misfits.
  3. Be kind to (or at least don't curse at) customers.
  4. Scowl less at suppliers/vendors.
  5. Flush the toilet and no leaving poo-streaks (I'd add "in the toilet", but then some misfit would leave a poo-streak on the wall just to be a smart-ass). 
  6. Don't blame Riggs for every fart.
  7. Give each day 110% (or at least 10%).
  8. Support other small businesses (by ordering take out for lunch).
  9. No tattling.
  10. Throw away old stuff in the fridge.
I know - it's a list of extremely high expectations, but I think the misfits are up to the challenge.

Here is little misfit Cub today - it looks like he's trying to attack a duck and it cracks me up. 


4 comments:

  1. hahahahaha I love that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cash looks like a zombie is chasing him. What kind of parent are you anyway? Don't bother answering that. I already know the answer. Good grief.

    Your disgusted friend,

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. not quite sure how i arrived here (i.e from which blog to which blog, etc) but damn i am happy i did! i, too am an austinite, a runner and laughed with glee at your resolution no. 5. (in the interest of total disclosure, one of my inside resolutions (ones i am not sharing publicly) is to simply "be nice" (wait, i just shared that. crap.)

    ReplyDelete