Friday, May 11, 2012

Filanthropy Friday


I had two thoughts - YEAH and DUH.

I honestly don't understand why gay marriage is even an issue - it seems pretty basic that anyone should be able to marry anyone they want. 

Here are things, that I would consider more dangerous than marriage that all people are allowed to do (in some States):
  • Own a firearm (including a flamethrower and lots of other pretty extreme explosives)
  • Drive in a car with a caged bear (uncaged is illegal)
  • Drink
  • Smoke
  • Take prescription drugs
  • Own a deadly, exotic animal
  • Ride a bike in the street
  • Liposuction
  • Bake cookie dough
OK, so maybe some of those things are less dangerous than marriage (depending upon who you marry).  

This week I donated $25 to the Human Rights Campaign - a civil rights organization working to achieve equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered Americans.  

2 comments:

  1. I think some people should not be allowed to have children, but that's just me. I agree, it's a non-issue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yes. I definitely think that driving in a car, even without a caged bear, would be befitting of this awesome list :)

    ReplyDelete