Thursday, May 10, 2012

Riggs & I Get Blood Taken


Riggs

He's been having some runny poop the last couple of weeks.  I took him to the vet this morning.  The vet took Riggs' blood (he wasn't a fan) and we discovered that Riggs has a parasite.  We have medicine and he should be on the mend soon.

Me

This morning (after twelve hours of fasting) I went to get my blood taken - ten freaking vials!  I sat there long enough to find out that the phlebotomist has a eight (going on 18) year-old daughter, that she got a divorce a year ago, but wants the man back, but he's already living with another woman and he is not the father of her 8-year-old.  Also, the 8-year-old hasn't seen her father in seven years.  All of this information without any prompting from me - I was just there THAT long.

She said my blood draw was "as complicated as it gets".  I apologized for being so complicated, but she said it was OK because it gave her good practice.  

I also peed in a cup.

My one big observation from having blood taken (both mine and Riggs') - the vet was able to give Riggs' results to me in about 10 minutes, but I have no idea when I get my results. 

This afternoon, after all the rain - Cub decided to run into a puddle and fell on his back into the mud (a la Charlie Brown trying to kick a football).  He wasn't very happy when he fell, but then he thought all the mud was silly.



1 comment:

  1. He is sooo pretty :)
    Ha - Well, I hope one of those vials of complicated blood contains the answers. Also hope you drank some gatorade and ate some good chocolate chip cookies after...

    ReplyDelete