Friday, May 4, 2012

Filanthropy Friday

It feels kind of like deja vu from a few weeks ago

A few weeks ago, I wrote about the American Red Cross of Central Texas because the Austin Apartment Association had just completed a super successful fundraiser.  I also wrote about a misfit's mother who was recently diagnosed with late-stage breast cancer. 

I guess - good stuff first.

Last night, I attended the American Red Cross of Central Texas 2012 Fire & Ice Gala with Buttin, Liz and Jonathan.  Liz's company, Ultimate Resumes, was a "Be A Hero" sponsor for the event (so she pretty much wins this week with her level of filanthropy).

We had a really awesome time - the food was great, the drinks were free and I even brushed my hair and put on make up for the occasion.   See - look.


This week, I donated $15 to the American Red Cross of Central Texas.

I guess - terrible stuff next.

Yesterday, our misfit's (Bobert) mother died.  I wish there was more that I could do for him. At the office, misfits are coming up with ideas of things that we can do when he returns to work - lots of hugs, lunches and Cadbury Eggs.  

I donated $15 to The Breast Cancer Resource Center of Central Texas for Bobert's mother.  The BCRC provides various support and guidance services to women with breast cancer in the central Texas region.  It feels like the right place to honor Bobert's mother. 


1 comment:

  1. Love that photo. Thanks for coming last night. That event was a huge success and they raised an additional $85,000 during the event via the auction and just by asking people to make additional donations. After hearing a couple of stories Jonathan raised his hand and wrote a check for $250. He pointed out that $250 is a dinner at Uchi for us so the least we could do was skip a fancy dinner for the Red Cross.

    The BCRC is amazing. The work they do for women with breast cancer is truly amazing and I am thrilled you donated to them I bought tickets to their upcoming fundraiser to support them as well.

    Great Filanthropy Friday Steph!

    ReplyDelete