Tuesday, May 1, 2012

That One

Cub's new favorite thing to say is - "That One".   Usually "that one" involves something he already has, but someone or something else has the same something and he wants it.  Here are a couple examples.

The Protein Bar

Cub loves Buttin's icky protein bars.  Cub will run to the pantry and point and say "bar, bar" in the morning.   I usually cut them in half because he can only eat half at once.  Here's how it went this morning:

Cub:  Bar, Bar
Me:  OK, here's your bar (half)
Cub: puts bar down on chair after taking a bite
Riggs:  grabs bar off chair and begins to eat it
Cub: Bar, Bar
Me:  OK, here's your bar (the other half)
Cub: pointing at Riggs - THAT ONE!
Me:  Cash, Riggs is eating that bar, but you have this new one.
Cub: pointing at Riggs with more determination - THAT ONE!


The iPhone

So, we're bad (or good) parents and we bought Cash an iPod Touch (refurbished) because we were tired of him playing with (and breaking) our iPhones.  We put videos on his Touch (we call it his phone or mini-pad) and we still have some videos on our iPhones (in case the Touch is not available).  Here's how it went this morning in the car:

Cub:  watching Yo Gabba Gabba on his touch notices my iPhone in my lap - THAT ONE
Me:  Cash, you have your phone - this one is my phone.
Cub:  pointing at my iPhone - THAT ONE.
Me:  give him my iPhone
Cub:  Turns on my iPhone and proceeds to find the EXACT SAME episode of Yo Gabba Gabba he was watching on his Touch.

So, now you understand "That One".  He also likes to say "That Way" (when he thinks I'm not driving or walking in the correct direction).  

We had a fun afternoon so here are a few pictures.

Running from a monster (me).
 

Attacking a monster (me).


Peek-a-boo in our neighbor's yard (we're popular with the neighbors).




3 comments:

  1. I love that Cash has a ipad. We were just talking about needing to get the kids one, because they always want to play with our phones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, just caught up a little. Sorry to read about the tingly feet. Hope you get some answers soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA!! I love it. You are NOT bad parents. We figure we'll have to do the same one day just so little h can teach us how to use all of this newfangled technology...right after we train him to be our designated driver :)

    ReplyDelete