Friday, September 2, 2011

Filanthropy Friday

I had originally planned to give to the Wild Mustang Horse Rescue (at the suggestion of my friend Liz) this week, but as sometimes happens in life, plans change.   This is a sad change of plans.

On Monday, my friend Liz called to tell me one of her Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, Max, had passed away in her arms.  He was sick, but they were not expecting him to pass so soon.  As traumatic as his passing was for Liz, I'm sure dying in the arms of your loving owner is probably the best way to travel to dog heaven.

Liz and Jonathan rescued Max a little over a year ago after another one of their CKCS, Rusty, died. My favorite Max story has to be the day that Cash bit him on the nose.  We were over visiting and Cash just grabbed Max's cute little face, turned it towards his and bit him on the nose.  Max looked a little baffled, but was very gentle with Cash.  We all laughed and Max promptly went into the corner - far away from the grasp (and teeth) of little Cub.

Max was a lucky dog to have found Liz & Jonathan's house.  I guarantee it was the best year of his dog life.

In memory of Max I donated $25 to the Cavalier King Charles Rescue.  In his memory, I hope another dog finds a wonderful home. 

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie

    Thank you so much for being the best friend ever. I am so lucky to have you. Thank you for helping me get through Max's loss this week and just hanging out with me...I needed that.

    I wish we had a video of the Cash biting Max's nose incident because it was hilarious and Max was just so sweet about it. I hope we gave him the best life in the world because he was such a sweet little soul and he deserved every kindness.

    If you were expecting me to end this particular comment with a funny or snarky comment to you I am going to disappoint you today. Instead I am sending you hugs and thanks for your donation to CKCS rescue. It means more to me than you know.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete