Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Recovery Run & Biting (again)

Today was a "recovery" run.  I'm not exactly sure what we were recovering from, but maybe it's the months of training in the heat.

We ran 6 miles -

2 mile warm-up
2 mile (straights and curves on the track)
Straights - 5K pace
Curves - easy jog
2 mile cool-down

It was a cooler morning and it felt good to run - even if it was on the track (for the middle two miles).

In other news, little Cub had THREE biting incidents at school today.  I guess three was too many to write up on a report, so I just had a mini parent/teacher conference when I picked him up this afternoon.  The teacher said he's not doing it maliciously - just bored or teething or "more of an oral kid" (her words).   I really thought we had gotten over this little stage of life, but I guess not.  He's not really biting at home so they're going to watch him a little more closely at school to see if they can identify triggers (like chubby little arms within biting range).  

Speaking of the little criminal, here he is playing with his new favorite toy, a wagon (his Christmas-in-September present from Gigi).  He's telling me his wagon is "hot", which is one of his new favorite things to say (well, sign).  Everything is "hot" right now.




Here he is telling me is other favorite thing, "one more time".  I always put my finger up when we're going to do something "one more time" . . . like read a book or play with my phone or (apparently) bite a friend at school, so now he loves to put his finger up when he wants to do something again.

1 comment:

  1. So, your son is viciously attacking other children again and you claim its not malicious? OK, lets assume for a moment that when he sinks his teeth into the chubby flesh of his classmates his intentions are good. The question is: what are you doing to him to make him need to lash out with such anger and violence?

    I don't know what goes on at your house but since I know you pretty darn well here are some things that I think you might be doing that are causing Cash to "act out" (nice way of saying, "becoming a violent offender").

    1. Dressing him as a girl, taking photos, and posting them online. (do you remember the story I told you about that guy in Ohio whose mom did that and then when he was 30 he murdered her and threw her in the cistern?...)

    2. Putting his hair in a barrette, taking photos, and posting them online.

    3. Encouraging him to play with dog feces and garbage rather than plastic toys manufactured in China.

    4. Letting him run down the street naked, taking photos, and posting them on the internet.

    5. Letting him break into random strangers homes (or their porches) and just hang out until Matt comes to stop the nonsense.

    I don't want to come right out and say that Cash is a lost cause but more and more it seems like he is doomed to a life of crime, cross-dressing (not that there is anything wrong with that), and dumpster-diving.

    I have tried so hard over the past year and a half to save him from this fate and to put him on a path to Stanford University, a corporate job with a large salary, and the ability to mingle with friends without assaulting them. Clearly I have failed. But in my defense it's really hard to be good influence when you pretty much undo any good thing I teach him as soon as you get him back to your home/lair.

    Sorry Cash, I tried sweetie. Let me know which juvenile detention center you are sentenced to and I will send you a postcard from one of my vacations.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete