Friday, April 13, 2012

Filanthropy Friday

Last night was the 2nd Annual Austin Apartment Association's Got Talent Show.

It was a huge success and we raised over $4K for the American Red Cross Central Texas Region. I'm proud to be a part of this organization and community.

I know sometimes I make fun of the misfits - most of the time they do ridiculous things and infuriate me secondly (even though it's not a word).  However, we had a misfit (we call him Bobert) perform in the talent show last night and he's truly talented (not just my kind of cookie-dough-eating talent). He's the drummer in a band, and  he is amazing.  I'm actually pretty proud of him everyday - even when he's just being a regular misfit.

A few months ago Bobert's young mother (late thirties or early forties) was diagnosed with late-stage breast cancer. My heart broke (and continues to break) for him.  Before having Cub, my mother dying was probably #1 or #2 on my worst nightmares list (I'm very thankful for my mother's health). 

Tomorrow, members of our association are joining together to raise money for our misfit's family - Walk For Jack (Jack is actually Bobert's step-father and he's also in the industry).   Buttin will be attending the walk (here's more information on Facebook) because it's during Cub's nap time, but I'm showing my support to our misfit and his family by donating $25 today.

We love you Bobert!





No comments:

Post a Comment