Monday, December 6, 2010

Dear Cash - 8 Months

Dear baby Cash,

You're just not a little baby anymore.

I call you my little sugar man. I'm not sure if you understand what kisses are, but you sure do love to slobber, bite and give raspberries (we call them zerberts, but I don't know how to spell it).

Let's see, this month you've been all about standing, scooting and in the last couple of days - you've started to crawl (a few crawl-steps at a time and then you just fall on your tummy and scoot the rest of the way to your goal, which is usually a piece of dirt or something more disgusting). You've also started to enjoy meal times a little more, but have developed this habit of blowing at the spoon and spraying us with food. I think your favorite food is chicken and sweet potato.

We haven't really finished (or started) baby-proofing the house. However, if there is an electrical outlet or piece of poop (from Cartman) within eyesight - you make a beeline for it. Why can't you just be satisfied with the millions of toys your Gigi has bought for you?

You are fascinated by new objects and we try to give you one new thing (be it leaves, a candy wrapper or toy) everyday.

I just cannot believe that it has already been 8 months! It just doesn't feel possible and at the same time, it doesn't feel possible that you were ever not a part of our family. You make everyday like Christmas.

My computer at work died last week and you dad brought in our home computer (which we rarely used) to be my new work computer. On the desktop there were several pictures from the day you were born. I look horrible (but remember, I just birthed you), but I still love the picture.

Today, you and your very un-crafty mother decided to make (and by make I mean use glitter glue) our Christmas stockings. My idea was for you to put your hand print on each stocking, but apparently glitter glue was not meant for this purpose.

Oh well - you had fun getting glitter all over yourself (and me).

Please be sweet to your dad and me and please don't grow up too quickly.

Love,
your Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment