Saturday, December 4, 2010

Running With The Runs

**WARNING, THIS POST IS ABOUT POOP, SPECIFICALLY MINE**

Yup, it's a post about poop. Also, a little about running.

Buttin is out of town, so MorMor came into town.

I got a nice almost 9-mile run in this morning, but had to cut it short (I was going for 10) because of an EXTREME bathroom emergency. Since training for the marathon while pregnant (last year), I'm not that shy about squatting and doing my business (if I have to). I always bring along toilet paper and know of a few "safe" spots along my typical running routes.

There's this one new house that I always jog by and think, I pooped in the back yard when you were being built. I know, I'm a classy lady. One of my favorite spots is actually in this wooded area right next to an elementary school. I hope I'm not breaking any laws - it would really suck if I had to register as a sex offender or some other kind of deviant.

I don't actually set out to use the bathroom while I run, but sometimes I just gotta go (really bad).

Today, I had to go around mile 5. I made it to my spot (by the elementary school), did my thing and kept on running. However, around mile 7 I had a really horrible feeling in my stomach. Runners know exactly what I mean. I had to go AGAIN, but this time it was the runny kind and it could not be disposed of during my run. I had to get home and quickly.

I took a little short cut and made it home without a major accident (just a little one). Since that trip, I've been in and out of the bathroom about fifteen times (from 9 AM - noon). My stomach is just not happy.

Speaking of not happy, Cub has a cold (moan, again) and he's not very happy. I think we both need Buttin to come home soon.

Needless to say, neither one of us was in much of a picture taking mood.

1 comment:

  1. The experience of those poop emergencies is the mark of a runner, just like those black toenails. We've all done it, but not so far that we have marked our territory. That's a new one on me.

    Congrats to your determination.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete