Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Some People

Some people make me want to do more. They make me want to be a better person.

I bet you thought this was going to be a negative 'some people' post . . .don't worry, I have some of those too.

It's the end of the year and I can't help but think back (reflect, if you will). Have I done enough for others? Do I walk the walk or do I just talk a good game? Am I doing MY part to make this world the place I wish it could be for my son?

I joke a lot about our misfits. Our misfits can be real boneheads. BUT our misfits can also be some of the kindest, most generous people I know (and I know at least 5 non-misfit people).

Our misfits fight like brothers and sisters, but also defend each other from outsiders with the same intensity. The past week (Christmas week), one of our misfits did something very kind for another misfit. He did it without the desire or need to be recognized for his good deed. He just did it because a fellow misfit needed his help.

When I witness things like this, it makes me want to do more - makes me feel like I can (and should) do more for others. I think about some of my goals for 2011, and I want to do more for others.

OK, enough seriously cheesy stuff. Now for some silly pictures of Graby.

One of his most favorite places to play is in the refrigerator door. I was sitting next to him eating leftover monkey bread from Christmas morning and he looked interested in it so I gave him a piece. I don't think he really liked it.


However, that was nothing when compared to the face I got when I gave him a stalk of asparagus. Yuck - apparently.


1 comment: