Friday, April 8, 2011

Filanthropy Friday

This week we celebrated Cub's one year birthday.  In honor of my son's birthday; I was planning to donate to SOS Children's Villages because it was important to Johnny Cash, Cub's namesake.  

However, as it has frequently happened in other weeks, the universe provided an even better option. I WILL spend a separate Filanthropy Friday on SOS Children's Villages. 

This week (on Cub's birthday) we also celebrated the birth of my dearest friend (since age eleven), Shannon's (I call her Nana) twins - Calie Ann & Sofie Marie.  They were born eight weeks premature; however, I think they were just so excited to meet their awesome mom and dad that they couldn't wait any longer.

Thankfully, both girls are very healthy; however, they will have to spend some time in the newborn intensive care unit (NICU).

Not all babies are as fortunate as Carlie and Sofie, so in their honor I gave $25 to the March of Dimes.  I donated specifically to their campaign that supports families in the NICU.

I say it often, but it's so true - we are extremely thankful that Cash is healthy and happy.  We are also very thankful for the health of Carlie & Sofie and can't wait to meet them. They are the two luckiest girls in the whole world and I can't wait to start planning joint birthday parties, graduations (from high school, college, medical school) and then one day - a WEDDING (hee, hee)!

No comments:

Post a Comment