Friday, April 22, 2011

Filanthropy Friday

Happy Earth Day!

In honor of Earth Day - I selected World Wildlife Fund for Filanthropy Friday.

Originally, I was going to adopt the ugliest animal available (because I figured not a lot of people want to adopt a Tarsier - poor Tarsier, they don't even have a cute little plush animal), but I instead look at threat level and the most critically threatened species.   

I decided to adopt a Darwin's Fox and made a $25 donation.  I like foxes (I'm smart like one) and I also like science - so it seemed like a good choice.

1 comment:

  1. Steph

    Since when did you become smart like a fox? I would have described you as "sleepy like a soth" if you had asked me but you didn't.

    OK, I think the little Tarsier is one of the cutest things I have ever seen. Honestly, they should have Cartman on the site as the ugliest animal. Not to be mean or anything but we probably agree on that...

    Just so I can brag that I am better than you I donated $50 to the Darwin's Fox and an extra $25 so I could get the World Wildlife Tote - I plan to carry it around and show if off in a superior manner. But, we probably both got gypped because, seriously, what the f--k is the Darwin fox going to do with our combined $75? The little dudes probably need food and water, not paper money. But, who am I to question or care? The point of this exercise was for me to be more generous that you and, clearly, I am. So there.

    I think I might actually try to adopt a little Tarsier. It could hang out in my office with me and Oliver and look at me with its gigantic eyes. Awesome.

    Better Than You,

    Liz


    PS: You're dumb.
    (Cheryl and Marsha - this is an inside joke. Ask Steph if you don't believe me. I am not really calling your daughter/daughter-in-law dumb. Unless she calls me dumb first and then its no holds barred name calling.)

    P.P.S. I made the icebox pudding today...its chilling and ready for your eating pleasure this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete