Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Training Program

My mother and I have an ambitious (by turtle standards) marathon season ahead

I'm going to need some help.

When I first started running about three years ago, I joined a running group at my gym.  The group was extremely helpful for zone training and general accountability.

If I'm going to complete (and try not to be the slowest finisher in my age group) three marathons, I need a group or team or or coach or therapist or something to keep me going (and get going a little faster too).  

I'm strongly considering the Rogue Running marathon training program.  I always see people wearing Rogue Running shirts while running half and full marathons, so I'll take that as a good sign that runners who complete the training actually run in the race (and most of them are passing me).

The training program for fall marathons (my first is schedule for end of October) starts May 21st.   I should probably do it.  I think I will.

Here's a picture of my little running buddy, he's running (pushing something fast) away from me.

1 comment:

  1. I have several friends who are big into Rogue Running. If I weren't too chicken to run, that's who I'd go with, as well. My friend Jennifer Howard-Brown is now doing marathons all over the country...

    ReplyDelete