Thursday, April 21, 2011

Marathon (Gulp) Schedule

Seeing as my mother and I have only completed (notice how I didn't write "run") one marathon - we have a pretty ambitious schedule for the next year.  We're planning three (gulp, gulp, gulp) marathons in the next year.

One - MARATHON FOR ADOPTION - October 29 - New Braunfels, TX
The hills in this race make Zooma look like a downhill race.

Two - METAL SAWING TECHNOLOGY TEXAS MARATHON - January 1 - Kingwood, TX
These are my kind of people - here is the time limit: This event is walker and velocity challenged participant friendly.  The only time limit is that participants must finish before dark (5:30pm).  Also, 2012 is the year of the pig and they provide a pizza picnic (no crappy banana and bagel) after the race. 

Three - LIVESTRONG MARATHON - February 19 - Austin, TX
I've done the half a couple of times, so I guess it's time to try the full.

My mom and I discussed that we're going to push for a strong run on New Year's in Kingwood.  I'd settle for a non-crawling finish in all three races.

1 comment:

  1. Love the ambition. Do wonder about 3 marathons in the space of 4 months.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete