Monday, April 18, 2011

Misfit Monday

Today, I spent the day doing (as far as I'm concerned) the hardest job ever - stay-at-home-mom.  True, it's about a bazillion times more rewarding than selling carpet, but it's also tons more physical and there aren't many breaks - especially today.  

Cub woke up this morning with a fever.  He's doing much better now - no fever - but he had to stay home from school.  Aside from not wanting to eat (solids) very much, or sleep very much - he was generally very happy and playful. 

Me staying home with Cub meant that Buttin was kind of solo today at work.  It was a pretty crappy Monday.  

I think any small business owner will tell you that because you see everything that happens in a business - you see people at their absolute worst.   I continue to hope this means that we will also get to see them at their best, but we're still kind of waiting for it. 

I wish I could say that some of today's events surprise me - but they really don't.  I don't know which is worse - the pain some can willfully inflict on others or my lack of surprise.  

OK - now back to something happy - Cub playing.  I may have mentioned it before, but he LOVES playing outside.  I like him to play barefoot, but I've started to put shoes on him because of the ants.  Here he is walking around (assisted by the chair) with his puppy shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment