Friday, October 21, 2011

Filanthropy Friday

Tomorrow my mom and I will run in our 2nd marathon - Frankenthon.

This will be my 1st non-pregnant marathon and my mother's 2nd non-pregnant marathon.  

Most races have a cause or beneficiary.  This year, Frankenthon's cause is literacy and they have partnered with the Cedar Park Library to raise money for new books.  I think books are pretty good and am fairly pro-literacy (unless it's reading something dumb) so I donated $25 to Bookspring.

Bookspring is an Austin non-profit determined to get children reading though various programs.  One of their programs  - Reading Is FUNdamental - provides three books per year to 21,000 Austin area children at no cost to their family.  My $25 donation will provide three books to three children - I highly recommend Harry Potter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment