Saturday, October 1, 2011

Puppy : Day 1

OK Wow - I forgot how much work is involved when having a puppy - especially when the puppy is an ultra-mega puppy.

The training is slowly coming back to me . . .

Puppy still doesn't have an official name.  In all honesty, I think I'm holding off on falling completely in love with him until puppy is a little more integrated.  I have to keep reminding myself that this big-little dog has been through a lot in the last month or so and throwing a new house, new owners, two cats and a napoleon-esque chihuahua at him all at the same time is probably a little overwhelming. 

For the most part, puppy is pretty calm and has managed (in one day) to learn to spend a little time outside alone and in his crate without barking. This is actually quite a bit of progress considering where we started the day (barking anytime he was left alone).   

Cub seems to be getting used to puppy, but I'm sure it'll take a little while.  This puppy moves a lot faster than Molly did and I think all he motion is a little frightening.  We're really trying to focus on getting puppy oriented to the pack order (meaning that Cub is above puppy).  Cash gave puppy lots of kisses on his feet and nose today and overall their interactions were very sweet.  

At one point today, they were both in the kiddie pool together.  Here they are playing next to the pool.

1 comment:

  1. Is Puppy going to be outside only? Or is he allowed to come in and snuggle, too? :-) That is a LOT of puppy for Cash to love on!

    P.S. His name is Folsom.

    ReplyDelete