Monday, October 31, 2011

A Little Scare

I'm interrupting this week's Misfit Monday to bring you HALLOWEEN!

Our Halloween started off with a little scare.

I got a call from Cub's school.  Cub fell off a small chair outside (from a standing position) and landed on his head.  They called to let me know they were applying ice and that he seemed like his normal self (they knew because he was stealing balls from his friends).  They called me back again (about five minutes later) and said he was starting to get pretty tired (it was 10:30 AM - pretty close to nap time) and they brought him inside just to observe him.  They recommended that I call our pediatrician.  I called the pediatrician - the nurse was not concerned.  The school called back again (another five minutes later) -  they strongly recommended Cub go see a doctor - he just wasn't acting right.  I called back the pediatrician's office and they made an appointment for 2:00 PM. Just as I was finishing up with the pediatrician's office, the school called back to say Cub had thrown up.  I talked to the pediatrician's office and they said to take him Dell Children's Hosptial.

When I picked Cub up from school they said he seemed better after throwing up.  I met Buttin and Gigi at the hospital.  Cub was checked out rather quickly (and played most of the time, except for when he was crying when they tried to take his pulse). They kept Cub in a room for observation until around 1:45, but he was eating and drinking and there was no more throwing up so they didn't do a scan (because of the radiation).

Cub spent his time emptying out all the drawers in the room and stacking the pee cups.




We got home from the hospital around 2:15 (Cub fell asleep on the way home) and I put Cub down for a nap.  He woke up and played with Gigi and then we got ready for Halloween - here's the train conductor running down the street.




Cash only got about five pieces of candy, but he wanted to open and taste every single one as we were walking down the street.  Eventually, it was a little too much.


Here he is with chocolate all over his mouth, he didn't seem to like chocolate very much - just wanted to try it, chew it and spit it out. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh...So glad he was okay :) This post brings back memories of my 3 brothers and my poor mother...This stuff was like an everyday (every hour) thing in our house. What a cutie pie :) Hope your nerves aren't too shot :)

    ReplyDelete