Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Dear Cash - 2.33 Years

Dear Cash,

I'm a little late with today's letter.

I was attempting to write a 2.25 letter, but instead, you'll get a 2.33 (plus one day) letter.

So much has changed since you turned two. I remember your first year of life and how every month there were huge changes - and I think that's still true - every day you're discovering new things and saying new words.

I'm now starting to understand why other parents incessantly talk about what their children say - it's pretty freaking hilarious.  You've turned into quite the jokester. 

Conversation from tonight (I'm trying to teach you to say where you live):

Me:  Where does Cash live?
You:  Tesas (Texas)
Me:  Where does Mommy live?
You:  At work

At least I hope you're joking.

Besides all the new vocabulary words (you repeat anything and everything that we say), you are pedaling on your tricycle.  Your father and I find this particular skill to be amazing - we're totally dorks for you.  We have really become those parents - oh look, he can run - oh look, he can talk - oh look, he can pedal - oh look, he can sit there and watch tv.  Like I said, we're dorks for you.

Sometimes I think I must be the first parent in the history of the world to love their child as much as I love you.  I know this isn't possible, but I don't know how it's not possible.  

Every night before bed you and I talk about Chicken.  Your preference is still for a "no" if asked if you want a brother or a sister - although sister is much more popular than brother.  I'm looking forward to meeting Chicken in a few months, but honestly I have a couple of fears. 

1.  Less time with you.  

I promise to make quality time for you, Cub, I do.  You've become so snugly these past couple of months (when you cry at night - you cry out "snuggle mama, snuggle daddy" and it breaks our hearts a little).  I promise, we will still have snuggle time - for as long as you want - although it might be a little weird when you're sixteen.

2. How will I love Chicken as much as you?

Right now, I can't imagine loving anyone as much as I love you.  I don't know how it's possible.  I've talked to some of my baby mama friends (who have two children), so I know it can be done.  Just remember, you will always be my little sugar man.  

OK - so other cute things that you're doing:

1.  You point at my nose and say, "pick it"
2.  You get so excited at trains and firetrucks
3.  You are pretty fearless and will jump off of anything 
4.  You will use my hand to stroke your face if I'm not doing it while we are snuggling
5.  You love playing "wrassle" with your daddy
6.  If you notice I have a cut or something, you will "kiss it" and say "sorry mommy"
7.  You spontaneously say "love you daddy (and mommy)"
8.  You genuinely enjoy running (everywhere)

You're just so stinking perfect and cute and lovable (even when throwing an ape-shit sized tantrum, ok maybe not as much then).  How did I get so lucky?

Please be sweet to me and your dad and please don't grow up too quickly (please, please, please slow down).

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment