Tuesday, August 21, 2012

No Thanks

Cash's new favorite thing to say is - No Thanks (sometimes No Thanks, Mama).

Here are some examples:

Me:  It's time to go take a bath.  
Cash:  No thanks, mama.

Me:  Cash, it's time to change your diaper.
Cash:  No thanks.  

Me:  Walk, please.
Cash:  No thanks, mama.

Me:  Cash, please get that beetle out of our your mouth.
Cash:  (muffled) No thanks.

His refusal to do something is so polite - I almost want to give into him (almost).  I think I'm going to apply his "No Thanks" technique to my life:

Misfit:  Can I have tomorrow off? 
Me:  No thanks, misfit.

Customer:  I'm disappointed with the service you provided and want a refund.
Me:  No thanks.

Misfits:  I don't want to do that job.
Me:  No thanks. 

"No" sounds a lot better when followed by a thanks - even if the response (No thanks) doesn't even apply to what the person just said. 

Here's Cash playing  today.  It was a blissful, cloudy 90 degree day - and I actually enjoyed being outside. 





No comments:

Post a Comment