Friday, August 3, 2012

Filanthropy Friday

Tomorrow a childhood friend of mine will be swimming in the Lake Michigan Open Water Swim for Swim Across America.  

All this Olympics watching has gotten me in the mood to swim again, but not so motivated I've actually done it.  Instead, I thought I'd do the next best thing and donate to my friend's fundraising page, it doesn't say on his page, but I'm quite sure he'll be doing the 3 mile (longest) distance. 

Swim Across America is dedicated to finding a cure for cancer by making people swim crazy events (like in Lake Michigan - I hear there are sharks) so I donated $25 to help their mission.


1 comment:

  1. A: there are no sharks in Lake Michigan.

    B: Lake Michigan is so polluted that everyone swimming in the race will probably get cancer.

    So, way to go, you just supported more cancer outbreaks.

    I didn't donate to anything on Friday because I was busy but I am going to and it will be to a good cause like food for puppies or something.

    Your very smart and generous friend,

    Liz

    ReplyDelete